Our Center's Long Island Institute for News Literacy Education supports local school districts interested in adapting our curriculum for its students.
The Institute supports districts in multiple ways:
- Teacher Training: The Institute sponsors a multiple-day Summer News Literacy Academy and conducts in-district professional development workshops. Click here to read a recap of the 2019 Summer Academy.
- Curriculum Writing: The Institute partners with districts seeking to integrate the curriculum into the required instruction of students, beginning as early as middle school, and to extend the education to parents and the community.
- High School Courses for College Credit: The Institute offers districts the opportunity to teach an elective high school News Literacy course for college credit. To learn more about Stony Brook University's Accelerated College Education program (ACE), click here.
- Outreach: Institute personnel are available for presentations to school district administrators, staff and PTA groups.
- Digital Resources: The Institute maintains a Digital Resource Center with resources and tutorials for K-12 teachers.
If you are interested in learning more, please email us at email@example.com.